Functions of LED.
The Law Enforcement Division is responsible for the performance of the following functions:
- Take appropriate action on all matters pertaining to organized crimes, non-organized crimes, special laws, and Revised Penal Code;
- Formulate policies, directives and LOIs pertaining to law enforcement, monitor its implementation, and submit report to the SILG thru Chief, PNP as necessary;
- Prepare the law enforcement portion of the annual PNP Operating Program and Budget Guidance;
- Prepare organizational plans on anti-criminality operations, to include crime prevention and crime suppression;
- Prepare law enforcement related briefings and special reports as necessary;
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to NALECC,POC/NAPOLCOM Law Enforcement Pillars;
- Responsible for the strict compliance to the provisions of PD 1866 as amended by RA 8294 of companies applying permits to operate, import and export of firearms and explosives; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the DO.
Organizational Structure of LED.
The LED is headed by the Chief, LED with the rank of Police Senior Superintendent (PSSUPT). It is composed of four (4) sections, namely: High Profile Crime Section, Special Concern Section, NALECC/Transnational Section and FAs and Explosives Section. It has a total of seven PCOs, 5 PNCOs, and seven NUPs.
LED Job Description
Chief, Law Enforcement Division
- Directs and supervises in taking the appropriate staff action on all matters pertaining to organized crimes, special laws and Inter-Agency pillar with necessary coordination and its implementation;
- Supervises the formulation of policies and directives pertaining to law enforcement including operational plans on anti-criminality operations to include crime prevention and suppression in relation to the PNP 5-year development Plan and other mid-range, long range and master plans;
- Directs and supervises the preparation the law enforcement portion of theannual PNP Operating Program, Budget Guidance and the Program Review and Analysis;
- Signs memorandum and other documents prepared/consolidated by the Division for notation/approval of TDO;
- Attend Conferences/meetings;
- Direct personnel supervision and instruction of urgent matters;
- DILG requirements;
- NAPOLCOM requirements;
- Other government agencies;
- Reports to DO Command Group;and
- Perform other functions as directed by TDO.
Assistant Chief, LED
- Assist the C, LED in the formulation of policies and directives pertaining to law enforcement and monitor their implementation;
- Assist the C, LED in the directions and supervisions of LED personnel;
- Directs and supervises the preparation of LED related briefing and special reports;
- Admin matters:
- Prepare memoranda and other documents for notation/approval of TDO
- Attend conferences/meetings
- Reports to C, LED.
Chief, Firearms and Explosives Control Section, LED
- Take appropriate action on matters pertaining to firearms and explosives and civil security matters;
- Formulate policies and directives to ensure compliance to laws on firearms and explosives particularly RA 1866 as amended by RA 8294; and
- Perform other tasks as directed.
Chief, High Profile Section, LED
- Take appropriate action on all matter pertaining to high profile crimes such as kidnapping, illegal drugs, hijacking, bank/highway robbery, illegal gambling, carnapping and others;
- Formulate policies, LOIs and directives to effectively address high profile crimes;
- Monitor the implementation of anti-crime programs; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
Special Concern Section
- Take appropriate action on all matters pertaining to Revised Penal Code, TMG matters, cyber crimes, anti-money laundering, intellectual property rights concerns, case referrals, implementation of warrants and court orders;
- Formulate plans, programs, policies and directives pertaining to law enforcement; and
- Performed other tasks as required.
Chief, NALECC/Transnational Crimes Section, LED
- Act as secretariat to NALECC meetings;
- Prepare memo for the availability of the C, PNP;
- Prepare memo for the availability of venue;
- Prepare memo for submission of issues and concerns addressed to all NALECC Member-agencies/Sub-Committees/RLECCs;
- Prepare memo for submission of accomplishment reports for Best NALECC member-agency/Sub-Committee;
- RLECC 9Aas early as June which will be awarded on December);
- Prepare the result of the NALECC awardees ready for deliberation;
- Prepare Letter to participants of NALECC deliberation;
- Prepare citations of Plaque for NALECC awardees;
- Prepare memo to PIO, LSS, HSS and Chaplain for their respective duties during NALECC meeting;
- Prepare Notice of Meeting to all NALECC member-agencies/sub-committees/RLECCs;
- Dissemination of INTERPOL Notices to all units/offices; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
Chief Clerk, LED
- Maintains and operates the message and record filing system of the Division;
- Assists the Division Chief in the administrative function to ensure the efficiency of the Division; and
- Assists in the implementation of directives, LOIs.
Action PNCO, LED
- Assumes responsibility in the absence of the section chief;
- Draft communications and operational plans of the section;
- Assist the section chief in the smooth management of the activities of the section to include the formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies/guidelines/procedure;
- Perform as action officer on administrative and operational requirements; and
- Perform other duties as directed.
Planning Officer I
- Plans, formulates policies and directives pertaining to operational concerns of the Division;
- Coordinates and synchronizes the activities of subordinate personnel so that outputs are prioritized based on the needs of the Division;
- Supervises the Planning Assistant of the Division;
- Prepares the PNP Operating Program and Budget Guidance and the Program Review and Analysis of the Division;
- Prepares operational and tactical plans pertaining to operational concerns of the section in relation to the PNP 5-Year development Plan and other mid-range, long-range, and master plans; and
- Ensures the security and integrity of documents/records of the Division.
- Plan all matters pertaining to operational concerns of the Division;
- Coordinate and monitors all operations concerning the Division;
- Recommends the formulation of policies and directives concerning the section and monitor its implementation; and
- Files/records/maintains all documents/communication pertaining to the Division and make them available when required and arrange them at all times.
Project Evaluation Assistant
- Conduct research on Project and coordination pertinent to operations;
- Prepare memorandum and other communications of the Division;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of activities of the Division; and
- Assist in the Planning, Organizing, and Evaluation on specific project of the Division; and
- Conduct research on Project.
Administrative Assistant IV
- Prepares computerized presentation of all briefing and reports pertaining to operations;
- In charge of lay outing, formulation and reproduction of reports;
- Prepares graphs/visual aids for data presentation in computer generated forms; and
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of computers of ODO.
Administrative Assistant I
- Prepares/types all routine division correspondence, endorsements, reports and other related clerical work;
- Responsible for generation of computer printouts or outputs that are relevant to special concerns;
- Encodes and validates data pertaining to law enforcement and other relevant data; and
- Maintains operational readiness of computer units and peripherals.